Briefing & Tasking
Torc is a briefing package that provides a clear and simple interface to allow users to easily navigate to their respective briefing area and view / manage their briefing content.
Briefing provides the mechanism for delivering information to all members of staff efficiently and effectively. It is the modern, agile, intelligent alternative to intensive and time consuming manual activities. This is achieved by automatically collecting and collating data to provide users with a personalised view, tailored to their job role and location. The information included reflects a mixture of recent incidents and events, items of note, identification requests, guidance and policy documents etc. Briefing content is configurable and chosen to suite the particular needs of the customer.
The display of entries can be further refined by a number of filters, including shift patterns, priorities and themes. The application understands the position of every user and department. This information is also used to ensure that the correct privileges are assigned and simplifies administration. Briefing allows users to access the information they need from one secure system, at their desk or on the move.
Corvus Briefing content is structured to be rapidly delivered and easily processed. Templates within the system provide a consistent interface whilst being flexible enough to reflect the nature and priority of the briefing item. All Briefing entries may be supplemented by the inclusion of spreadsheets, images and attachments.
The Summaries section displays all recent activity and events of note. Typically this would include:
Briefing allows the date range to be selected from a range of values so that this provides an analytical capability.
The system can be configured to support a wide range of sections to suit the needs of the customer. The information for each section can either be loaded automatically or added by members of staff with the appropriate privileges. Typical sections include:
- Dangerous Offenders / Risk Assessments
- Gun Crime
- Identification Requests
- Local Priorities
- Missing Persons
- Organised Crime Groups
- Prison Releases / Conditions
- Targets / Wanted Persons
- Urban Street Gangs
- Victim Contact
NHP integrates with Briefing to provide an extensive repository of local knowledge. The system includes a wealth of information relating to a variety of topics; these include Crime Patterns, Intelligence Reporting, People of Interest, Patrol Areas, Meeting Notes, Demographic Statistics and
NHP presents these details on a map with specially designed icons clearly providing a pictorial representation of this information. Whilst the initial view uses a theme reflecting a person’s particular job role, the user can plot additional information, add filters or remove content easily. A separate neighbourhood information area allows more data to be recorded, in order to increase the knowledge base relating to the community at large.
- Adheres to the briefing guidelines set out by the National Intelligence Model.
- Uses the concept of Briefing Sheets that can be associated with geographic areas (such as Neighbourhoods) and departments/teams, displaying data over a selectable date range.
- Integrates with directory services to taylor user view according to their job location/role.
- Ability to organise briefing items into configurable ‘briefing sections’.
- Briefing items given a priority to determine how ‘high’ on the briefing sheet they appear.
- Ability to assign briefing item to a shift as well as to briefing sheets associated with other areas/depts.
- Supports the addition of complex data (documents, images and spreadsheets) to each briefing item.
- Includes briefing sections that display data from external sources, for example warrants, missing persons and PPOs.
- Neighbourhood Profiles.